[Events] Charity recommendation - AVET

Pat Pasley ppasley at cfl.rr.com
Fri Feb 15 18:38:06 EST 2013

After reading about AVET, I concur with Alice that this would be a good
group to support and looks like they can use the money.  So many of the
other charities have a good streamline of donations coming in.  And it's
good that Alice knows the people who help run it and that Posey also is
a big supporter.   I've attached a few things I found on the internet.
They get my vote.

Pat

  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - -

AVET Project, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization serving the
needs of active-duty military and veterans of the United States of
America. AVET Project has an ambitious goal to furnish, free of charge,
every military member (approx 1.5 million) with a Empowerment Equipment
Bag (EEB), which is a collection of personal care items and empowerment
information. Donations are needed and appreciated so we can continue to
expand this important mission.

Additionally, AVET Project is seeking donations to support our "Project
Rest and Recuperation", which affords returning service members and
their spouses an opportunity to readjust and reconnect with their loved
ones after leaving combat 24/7 for months,... even years. AVET Project
believes our heroes deserve a safe, relaxing place on the East & West
coasts to decompress, sleep well and recuperate... all for FREE.

Please visit our website at: www.avetproject.org

Jump in and learn how you can support these important missions by
donating generously of your money and time... SUPPORT OUR TROOPS by
supporting AVET PROJECT, Inc.

Donations are accepted via PayPal on our website: www.avetproject.org
ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE.
Registration numbers for various states available on our website:
www.avetproject.org

We are looking forward to your financial support and offer MANY
volunteer opportunities in your neighborhood. Please take a moment and
check out WWW.AVETPROJECT.ORG

Contact AVET Project Inc. today in Patrick Air Force Base at: (321) 373-7046

*Please mention you proudly found us on Veteran Owned Business (VOB)!*

      Comments on the Military and Business Ownership...

As a retired Legal Advocate and Air Force veteran who happens to be
wartime disabled, it was a natural fit to become a part of something
bigger than myself, so I formed AVET PROJECT, INC., which is a nonprofit
organization which seeks out and meets the needs of active duty military
members, veterans, and Americans who are in need.

      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- -
    - - -

    Friday, April 20, 2012

*AVET Project Needs Donations to Send Military Care Packages *
Patrick Air Force Base, Florida - The AVET Project is asking Brevard
County residents to please sponsor a soldier in order to send our troops
overseas some much needed Care Packages.  250 Care Packages have been
packed up in order to send to Afghanistan; however, $3237.50 is needed
in order to ship those Care Packages overseas.

AVET Project, Inc., which works to better the lives of current and
former soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines, Coast Guard, National Guard,
members of the Reserve Forces, as well as their families, is accepting
donations to Support a Soldier.  Donate either online on the *AVET
Project website* <http://www.avetproject.org/default.htm>, or sending
your donation to AVET Project, PO Box 254555, Patrick Air Force Base,
FL, 32925.  Your donations to the AVET Project are fully tax deductible.

Packages being shipped for humanitarian aid to countries like
Afghanistan ship for free, according to Title 10 USC sec. 402. This
allows for free shipping on packages sent to local people in countries
receiving aid; however, does not allow for free shipping on packages to
our troops providing humanitarian aid to these people. This is why the
AVET Project is working to raise the $3237.50 needed in order to send
our troops Care Packages.

As part of the AVET Project's mission, they are also working to amend
Title 10 USC sec. 402 to allow for free shipping on packages sent to our
troops overseas. The congressmen contacted thus far have not wanted to
step up and fight for the change to ship packages to U.S. troops
overseas for free.

*Support a Soldier* <http://www.avetproject.org/default.htm>, show your
support, and allow these generous Care Packages to be sent to our
deserving troops in Afghanistan.  The AVET Project has many great
programs that work to show and send support to our troops, as well as
prevent and help veterans cope with the Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
(PTSD) that unfortunately plagues so many of our veterans.